Occasionally after installing ESET Smart Security, the false-positive detection of certain system processes can cause a temporary loss of Internet connectivity. Please follow the steps below to configure your ESET Smart Security Personal firewall to prevent the false-positive detections and restore your internet connection:
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree on the left, click Personal firewall → IDS and advanced options.
- In the Intrusion detection section, deselect the following options:
ESET Smart Security 4.0 and 3.0:
ESET Smart Security 3.0 only:
- ARP Poisoning attack detection
- DNS Poisoning attack detection
- TCP Desynchronization attack detection
- Reverse TCP Desynchronization attack detection
- Click OK to confirm the changes and return to the main program window.