Regular Virus Signature Database and Program Component updates are key elements in ensuring timely detection of threats. However, users - especially network administrators managing large networks - may occasionally experience update-related issues such as false alarms or module-related issues. Our thorough Quality Assurance processes minimize the occurrence of update-related issues, but as an alternative, we have set up an update server that releases all of our updates 12 hours after the regular update server. The aim of this delay is to give customers the ability to provide us with feedback in order to eliminate the possibility of any update-related issues.
Instructions for changing the update server on an individual client workstation
Instructions for changing the update server using ESET Remote Administrator
Follow these steps to change the update server in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus:
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Press F5 on your keyboard to open the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree on the left, select Update and click the Edit... button next to the Update server drop-down menu.
- In the Update servers field, enter "http://update.eset.com/deferred/eset_upd/" and click Add.
- Click OK, then OK again to exit the Advanced setup window.
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Remote Administrator Console → ESET Remote Administrator Console, or by double-clicking the ERAC icon on your desktop.
- Click Tools → Server Options.
- Click the Updates tab, and select <User defined update server> from the Update server drop-down menu.
- Enter the delayed update server address:
- Click OK to save these changes.