- Configure additional ESET Remote Administrator (6.3 and later) HIPS rules in the following ESET products to protect against Filecoder (ransomware) malware
- ESET Endpoint Security
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus
- ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
- ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server
Click each image to open a new window for additional anti-ransomware best practices and additional policy configurations:
To further help prevent ransomware malware on your Windows systems, create the following policy rules in ESET Remote Administrator version 6.3 or later:
Open ESET Remote Administrator Web Console (ERA Web Console) in your web browser and log in. How do I open ERA Web Console?
- Click Admin → Policies, select the Agent policy being applied to your server(s) (your default parent policy) and then click Policies → Edit.
Alternatively, you can create a new policy in ESET Remote Administrator (6.x).
- Expand Settings → Antivirus, click HIPS and then click Edit next to Rules.
Click the + to expand each section below to create the HIPS rules for the suggested processes.