Virtual machines can be compromised by malware just like physical machines, which is why ESET offers the same level of protection (ESET File Security) on the Azure cloud computing platform. Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform which allows users to quickly and easily install a virtual machine running Windows and/or Linux operating systems, as well as other software.
ESET File Security VM extension for Microsoft Azure was released on July 12, 2015. You can install the ESET File Security VM extension on Microsoft Azure.
- After selecting the ESET File Security VM extension, does ESET File Security install automatically?
Yes, however an initial setup is required before starting the installation of the VM extension.
Installation is performed in the background. Standard installation is not required, however you can perform a manual installation of ESET File Security on an Azure virtual machine.
- Can ESET users use an existing license to activate the ESET File Security VM extension?
Yes, users with a valid ESET File Security license can use it to activate the VM extension. Licensing questions?
You can activate the product :
- before depolying the VM extension in the install extension window,
- directly from the program GUI,
- or using ESET Remote Administrator; click here for step-by-step instructions to activate the ESET File Security VM extension.
- What are the operating system requirements for Windows Server version?
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2008
- How do I install the ESET File Security VM extension in the Microsoft Azure portal?
To install the Azure extension, see the following ESET Knowledgebase article
- Can users connect ESET File Security to ESET Remote Administrator to remotely manage the product? How?
Yes, ESET File Security can be managed using ESET Remote Administrator when all prerequisites are met. You can install ERA Agent during extension installation using a configuration (.ini) file.
See the following Knowledgebase articles for information about how to manage ESET File Security using ESET Remote Administrator and port requirements for communication between these programs:
- Manage ESET File Security using ESET Remote Administrator
- Which ports does ESET Remote Administrator use? (6.x)
- What languages does ESET currently offer for the ESET File Security VM extension?
ESET File Security 6.x for the Azure platform is available only in English.
Support Resources and Known Issues
- What information is available in the Azure Marketplace about ESET File Security?
General information about the product, licensing information and support resources are available from the Azure Marketplace. In addition, you can read the article below, which was posted to the Azure blog:
- "TCP Idle Connection Timeout" error
The built-in load balancing feature of Azure (and not necessarily one within your enterprise environment) may need to be configured. See the following Microsoft Azure article: How to change TCP idle timeout settings for load balancer.
- VM is vulnerable while RDP is allowed from anywhere
From the Azure platform, navigate to Settings → Endpoints → Remote Desktop where you can allow a set of specific IP address.Alternatively, you can create a VPN connection to your VM and hide remaining ports from public.
- How can I contact my local ESET partner for support?
ESET offers local technical support for ESET File Security and ESET related problems. Click Support in the ESET File Security VM extension for answers to questions about the Azure platform and virtual machines.