To prevent the loss of network connectivity when pushing out a remote installation of ESET Smart Security, it is necessary to configure the installation package properly beforehand. This will prevent loss of network and Internet connectivity in client computers (due to Personal firewall settings) after installation. To configure your ESET Smart Security installation package properly, refer to the following step-by-step instructions:
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Remote Administrator Console, or by double-clicking the ERAC icon on your desktop.
- In the ERAC console, click the Remote Install tab. (It is farthest to the right at the bottom of the screen, marked with a cog wheel icon.)
- Follow the instructions for creating an ESET Smart Security installation package, located on the left side of the console under 'Step by step instructions'.
- From the Remote Installation Tools tab, click the Packages... button, located in the Manage Packages section. In the Installation Packages Editor window, click Edit.
- From the Configuration Editor tree on the left, click ESET Kernel → Personal firewall → Setup. Double-click Filtering mode. Set the value of the drop-down menu to Automatic mode with exceptions.
- From the Configuration Editor tree on the left, click ESET Kernel → Personal firewall → Setup. Double-click Rule setup: See dialog.
- Under the Rules tab, click Add default and then deselect Block incoming NETBIOS requests and deselect Block incoming RPC requests. Click OK to confirm.
- Under the Zones tab in the same window, click Add default. Double-click Trusted zone to edit the entries.
- Click Add address and then select Subnet. Enter the address and subnet mask of the trusted network. Click OK to confirm.
- Under the Advanced setup tab in the same window, click Default.
- Under Allowed services, select Enable communication for bridged connections.
- Under Intrusion detection, deselect the following check boxes:
• ARP Poisoning attack detection
• DNS Poisoning attack detection
• SMB Relay attack detection
• TCP Desynchronization attack detection
• Reverse TCP Desynchronization attack detection
• ICMP protocol attack detection
- Click OK to confirm your choices.
- In the Configuration Editor, make any other desired configuration changes and then click the large Consolebutton located on the right side of the window. You will be prompted to save your configuration. Click Yes. In the Installation Packages Editor window, click Save. You have now properly configured an installation package for ESET Smart Security.