- Enable password protection on client workstations using ESET Remote Administrator, or on individual client workstations
Enable password protection on client workstations using ESET Remote Administrator
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) by double-clicking the ERAC icon on your Desktop or by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Remote Administrator Console → ESET Remote Administrator Console.
- In the ERAC, click Tools → Policy Manager.
- Select your default server policy and click Edit.
- In the Configuration Editor window, expand Windows desktop v5 → Kernel → Settings → Protect setup parameters.
- Click Password to unlock and then click Set Password.
Click the image to view larger in a new window
- In the Password window, enter and confirm a password and then click OK.
- Click Console and click Yes when prompted to save your changes. These changes will take effect the next time client workstations assigned to this policy check in to the ESET Remote Administrator Server.
Open ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
Press the F5 key to open the Advanced setup window.
Expand User interface, click Access setup, and then select the check box next to Password protect settings(you will be required to provide the current security password in order to enable this feature).
Click OK to save your changes.
Click the image to view larger in new window