File-level scanning of some email servers, backup software, gaming applications, etc. can occasionally cause abnormal system behavior. To exclude specific applications or folders from Real-time scanning in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Mac OS X, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon on the menu bar and selecting Open ESET NOD32 Antivirus or by clicking Finder → Applications → ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.
- Click the icon in the lower-left corner of the main program window to Activate advanced mode. Once you are in Advanced mode, click Setup from the main menu and then click Antivirus and antispyware.
- Click Advanced Antivirus and antispyware protection setup... from the submenu. You can also enter Advanced setup using the shortcut command + , on your keyboard.
- In the Protection window, click the Exclusions tab and then click the Add... button.
- The Add Exclusion window will be displayed. Click the arrow icon next to the Macintosh HD entry to expand its contents and using the directory tree, browse for the file or folder you wish to exclude. Clicking the file or folder will automatically display the directory path in the exclusion path field. Click OK to save the exclusion.
- Click OK again to return to the main program window and restart your computer.