If you have had a situation where your machine has needed to be re-imaged, you have bought a new machine but you still have encrypted documents which you need to access or your Key-File has been over written denying you access to your encrypted documents, you will need to restore your Key-File (providing you have taken a Key-File Backup and it is accessible) using the following steps.
- With DESlock+ installed, you will need to firstly log out of DESlock+ by either double clicking on the DESlock+ icon in the Notification Area (formally known as the System Tray) or right clicking on the DESlock+ icon and selecting 'Logout'
- Once logged out, the DESlock+ icon will be grey. Now right click the DESlock+ icon and select 'Key-File Utility'
- You will now be presented with the following window.
- Keep the 'Restore a Key-File from a backup location' option selected and click the 'Restore' button and when the next window appears navigate to the location of your Key-File and click 'OK'.
- A window will appear asking if you wish to over write your current Key-File with the new Key-File, click 'Yes' and you will get a confirmation window appear informing you that the Key-File has been restored. Click 'OK' and you will now be able to access your encrypted documents.