To upgrade to the new version of ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino, first uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino. To safely uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino, follow the steps below. This procedure uninstalls the AMFE plug-in of the ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino.
I. Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino
- Extract the installation package which was shipped to you on a CD or download it from the ESET's website here (you will need user name and password for ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino).
- Navigate to the temporary folder and run the setup file that corresponds to your operating system:
Windows 2000 / 2003 Server: Setup2k.exe
Windows NT Server: Setupnt.exe
- The installer will search for the current IBM Lotus Domino notes.ini file and prompt you to use the first file found. At the prompt, check to see that the installer has located the correct file. Press Y and then press ENTERto confirm the directory of the notes.ini file and continue with the installation.
- If the notes.ini file located by the installer is not the right file, press N, and then press ENTER to continue.
- Enter the path to the correct notes.ini file and then press ENTER.
- Once the installer recognizes a previous version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Lotus Domino, it will prompt you to uninstall it. Press Y, and then press ENTER.
- Wait for uninstallation to complete.
- Once uninstallation is complete, press any key to close the installation dialog.
II. Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus v 2.7
- Follow the Uninstall instructions is this Knowledgebase article: How do I uninstall or re-install ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?
- You will be prompted to restart the server after the uninstallation.
III. Install ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino
For instructions on how to safely install ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino and configure the settings, see the administrator's manual.
ESET Mail Security for Lotus Domino is a new product with new features, therefore it is not fully compatible with ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) version 4. There are three methods for using ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino with current ERA versions:
- Use ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino and ERA version 5 with full compatibility. How do I upgrade my network to ESET server / endpoint products? (5.x)
- Use ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino and ERA version 4 (with certain limitations - no editing ability for ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino settings in ESET Configuration Editor, Administrator cannot launch the On-demand scan for ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino).
- Use ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino and ERA version 4 with this executable package to update the ESET Configuration Editor.
You can download the migration versions of ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino by clicking the links below:
English 32-bit: http://download.eset.com/download/domino/emsl_nt32_enu.msi
English 64-bit: http://download.eset.com/download/domino/emsl_nt64_enu.msii
Slovak 32-bit: http://download.eset.com/download/domino/emsl_nt32_sky.msi
Slovak 64-bit: http://download.eset.com/download/domino/emsl_nt64_sky.msi