Due to a known vulnerability in Samba (CVE-2016-2016) version 3.6.23-30.el6-7 and earlier, SMB signing is deactivated by default. This function is required for push installation of the ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Agent. The following error will be displayed in the ERA Server trace log:
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
- Connect to the Virtual Appliance via SSH or open the system console.
- Enter this command into the command line:
- In this config file find the section
[global]and add the line:
client ipc signing = auto
- Press Ctrl + X and then press Y to save your changes.
- Restart the Samba service.