- Download and install ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP)
- Manage ESHP using ESET Security Management Center
ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP) must be installed manually on each Web Server in your SharePoint farm, and cannot be installed remotely using ESET Remote Administrator or ESET Security Management Center. Before you begin the installation process, make sure that you have the following items available:
- Your ESET-issued product license file (emailed to you following your purchase of ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server)
- The Administrator username and password used to access your Microsoft SharePoint Site(s)
Ensure that your SharePoint administrator account has the following:
- SharePoint Farm Administrators privileges
- Access to website collections
- 'Log on as service' privileges
- Your SharePoint account is member of the SQL SysAdmin role on the database server (if SharePoint is configured to connect to the database using Windows authentication)
For more information on configuring a SharePoint administrator account, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678863.aspx
- Click the appropriate link below to download the ESHP installer file. Save the installer (.msi) file to your Desktop:
- When the download is complete, double-click the installer file to launch the ESET Security Setup Wizard.
- Select your language and click Next.
- Read the End-User License Agreemeent. Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- In the Installation mode window, select Complete and click Next to continue.
- Verify and update the install location for the ESET Security Product, Module or Data folders if necessary. Click Install.
- Click Finish. ESET Security will open automatically.
- When the installation is finished, select an activation option. In this example, Enter a License Key is selected.
- In the Product activation screen, type the License Key included in the email you received following your purchase of ESET Security and click Activate. If you do not have this info, click here to have it resent.
- Following activation, you may be prompted to set your preferences for ESET Live Grid and detection of potentially unwanted applications. Be sure to complete these steps to receive the most effective protection from ESET Security.
ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server can be managed using ESET Remote Administrator as soon as it is installed. See the ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server User Guide for more information.
KB Solution ID: KB7019 |Document ID: 26305|Last Revised: September 18, 2018