- When using the ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) Virtual Appliance, you can install ESET Rogue Detection Sensor on a client computer to detect other clients that are not protected by ESET products
- The computer on which you plan to install ESET Rogue Detection Sensor (ESET RD Sensor) must have the ESET Management Agent installed. Click here for step-by-step instructions to install the ESET Management Agent.
- The computer on which you plan to install RD Sensor must have WinPcap installed.
- Click the appropriate link below to download the ESET RD Sensor installer file.
- Double-click the installer file (RDSensor_x64.msi or RDSensor_x86.msi).
- Click Next.
- Read the End User License Agreement. If you agree to the terms, select the check box next to I accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click Next.
- Deselect the check box Participate in product improvement program if you do not agree to send crash reports and telemetry data to ESET. If the check box is left selected, telemetry data and crash reports will be sent to ESET. Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish. Once the client computer checks into the ESET Security Management Center Server (ESMC Server), ESET RD Sensor on the client will begin reporting rogue computers to your ESMC Server. Click here for step-by-step instructions to add new computers to the ESMC directory using ESET RD Sensor.
KB Solution ID: KB6717 |Document ID: 25395|Last Revised: August 16, 2018