- Known Issues for version 6 (and version 6 compatible) business products
ERA | Endpoint Security/Antivirus | Endpoint Security/Antivirus for macOS | Endpoint for Android | File Security for Windows | EMSX | Shared Local Cache | Virtualization Security | SharePoint Server | Mail Security Domino
Offline repository may not work on all systems (it might fail in case of a weak internet connectivity).
When manually upgrading ESET Mobile Device Connector, the upgrade may fail due to previous installation of Mobile Device Connector not being able to stop its service.Solution: Set the Mobile Device Connector service Startup type to “Manual”, then restart the service from within Services and run the upgrade procedure again.
- It is not possible to use Windows Phone for two-factor authentication if ESET Remote Administrator is a part of the domain and domain user is provisioned.
- Certificates with validity ending after year 2037 are not supported on Mac OS X. It is not possible to parse a date variable from the Certificate Authority on Mac OS X. The Agent cannot connect, because OS X cannot accept the Certificate Authority.
- Mobile Device Connector (MDC) requires unique device identification to be able to process device enrollment correctly, as unique device identification is needed by internal structures of MDC. Some Android devices might have the same device identification, and those devices will fail to enroll into MDC.
- Versions of ESET Rogue Detection Sensor included in previous versions (220.127.116.11 and earlier) of ERA cannot be upgraded to the version included in ERA 18.104.22.168.
Solution: Uninstall the previous version of RD Sensor, and then install a new RD Sensor from the repository.
- Installing ERA Agent on macOS Sierra (10.12) requires root privileges.
- MDM can stop working after a mobile device's static object is removed (for example, if a task or policy is removed from the device).
Solution: This is a database-related issue—contact ESET technical support to resolve.
- When performing upgrade of previous versions of ESET Remote Administrator to version 6.5, it might happen, that it is not possible to connect to ERA Server. Even though the MSI is already upgraded to version 6.5, upgrade of database is still in progress. In specific cases, when the database is too large, or hardware is not powerful enough (slow HDD, not enough RAM) it could take longer time to complete. It is forbidden to reboot the computer during this process, as it will result in a corrupted database. Only solution is to revert DB from backup and perform the upgrade again.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security for Windows (6.6.2052):
- It is not possible to update Endpoint 6.6 using Mirror tool from ESET Remote Administrator 6.5 and earlier or create an update mirror for Endpoint 6.6 using any product earlier than 6.6 (6.5 and older).
- Endpoint may not restart automatically after an upgrade if it is installed via the ESET Remote Administrator software install task with AUTOMATICALLY RESTART IF NEEDED enabled.
- "Enter a valid password to continue uninstallation" is displayed when you attempt to uninstall, but no settings password is defined.
- Uninstallation wizard issues.
- "Virus protection is out of date" may be displayed in Windows 10 Creators update.
- AV remover does not detect specific third-party products on windows 10x64.
- "User rules file contains invalid data" may be displayed on Windows 10 when Device guard is activated under.
- When adding a rule to block by category, the Use Group option is not available.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security for Windows (6.5.2094):
- An upgrade takes longer if a large Web control list is presented in product (50k+ links).
Solution: The upgrade will finish successfully when the list is processed.
- After upgrading from ESET Endpoint product 6.3 and older, specific modules (Firewall, Protocol Filtering and HIPS) are not functional until OS is restarted
- Empty groups of application statuses might be displayed in “Advanced Settings / User Interface / Application statuses” on slow machines
- When the policy with configured Override mode is applied to the client, and the client attempts to run the Override mode on the client, immediately after the installation, the client user interface might freeze.
Solution: Wait at least one minute after installation, to initiate the Override mode.
- Windows Defender conflicts on Windows 8/10 after installing or updating ESET products
Solution: Upgrade to version 6.5.2107 or latest 6.6 version.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security for macOS (22.214.171.124):
- Graphic User Interface (GUI) does not start on OS X 10.7 and 10.8 after an installation from ERA 126.96.36.199.
Solution: Restart OS X.
- A computer scan that is triggered from ERA and finds a malware displays an action window on the endpoint computer that requires a user interaction.
Solution: Use Strict Cleaning when triggering scans from ERA.
- Media Control settings are not migrated to Device Control during an upgrade from version 6 to 6.1 and later.
- Mail protection cuts off an email when sending it with ISO-2022-JP encoding.
- Upgrade to version 6 is possible only from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition version 4.1.100 and higher.
- Folders used as a storage place for several OS X Server services must be excluded from scanning.
- You cannot deactivate Endpoint License from ESET License Administrator.
- The “Scan on File“ action blocks communication between VMware Fusion from version 7 and vCenter on OS X from version 10.10.4
Solution: You must set exclusions and exclude following folder:
- You must exclude the following folders from scanning while using iCloud Drive on OS X Mavericks:
ESET Endpoint Security for Android (2.1.11):
- Due to recent changes in Stock Android by Google, we are not able to execute relevant steps related to Wipe command properly anymore. To ensure at least some data security on Android 6 devices, this command behaves the same way as Enhanced factory reset, i.e. among other things, the process will end up with a restore to factory default settings.
- Due to recent changes in Android 7.0, Google allows the user to deactivate an active device administrator and uninstall the application in a single action. Users can now uninstall EESA without entering the admin password.
- If you have active application on your device that has screen overlay permissions on your Android 6 (Marshmallow) device, you will be unable to grant permissions to any other application including your ESET product. To enable permissions for your ESET product, you must disable screen overlay permissions for the application.
ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (6.5.12007.0):
- The ESET GUI may crash when configuring HIPS Learning mode in the Scheduler if you select a start date in the past.
- The application cannot inspect the content of spanned volumes or those part of a RAID setup because the Hyper-V storage scanner is unable to determine their structures.
- Smart optimization preset ignores configuration change in file-size limit for scanned archives that could cause the scanner not to inspect archives again despite possible malware payload.
ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server ( 6.5.10016.0):
- Product integration with Exchange mail server cannot be disabled under certain circumstances.
- Most mouse context-menu actions (copy, export and delete) for detected threats in server log-files created by mail database scanner are inactive.
- Confusing Boolean evaluation of mail processing rule when recipients are matched with rule condition containing multiple entries.
ESET Shared Local Cache (1.2.5):
- You cannot schedule a task using scheduler via ESET Remote Administrator policy
ESET Virtualization Security for VMware vShield (1.0.13):
- Password for accessing system logs cannot be changed when SFTP access is already enabled.
Solution: Password can be changed by disabling SFTP access and enabling it again with new password.
ESET Security 6 for Microsoft SharePoint Server (6.5.15009.0):
For Known Issues related to version 4.5, see Known Issues - ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (4.5).
- Commands for working with rules (eShell) are read-only.
- In some cases, the product may be unable to start SPAdmin-service on SharePoint Server 2007 (SharePoint Services 3.0).
- The HIPS rule wizard and editor may display inconsistent visual controls when trying to add new or modify existing rules.
ESET Mail Security for IBM Domino (6.5.14011.0):
- Cancellation of the uninstallation process at a later stage results in malfunction of several product modules.