let me please inform you that we have released ESET Endpoint Antivirus/Security and ESET Cyber Security/Pro hotfix.
The new version brings many under-the-hood improvements for better protection, improved performance, and more reliability. Many known issues have been fixed as visible in the changelog
Release date: 5 December 2019
Product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus/Security - 6.8.400
ESET Cyber Security/Pro 6.8.300
Type: Hotfix release
Availability: Global excl. Japan
- Improved: Lower CPU utilization of real-time scanner logs maintenance process
- Fixed: Profiles used on network interfaces is showing also inactive VPN interfaces
- Fixed: vulnerability when an attacker can abuse the product's TXT log files to get root rights under special circumstances. Thanks to Cees Elzinga from Langkjaer Cyber Defence A/S; who reported this issue.
- Fixed: vulnerability when an attacker can stop ESET service and make macOS unprotected by the product. Thanks to Cees Elzinga from Langkjaer Cyber Defence A/S; who reported this issue.
- Fixed: rare temporary freeze of macOS during the product's module update
- Fixed: rare kernel panic triggered by firewall KEXT
- Fixed: preparing of remote installation mode stuck on firewall settings
- Various minor updates and fixes that improve overall product stability and security.
Builds are available on the web and also in repository: ESET Endpoint Security for macOS