We have officially released new version of ESET Direct Endpoint Management plugin for ConnectWise Automate.
The biggest news with this version is ability to deploy and manage endpoint protection for MacOS X.
- Added: MacOS X support for ESET antivirus products. Scripts have been provided for performing various MacOS related tasks. In addition, these scripts are automatically called when interacting with machines for on-demand tasks originating from within the plugin. Note: For best results, the customer MUST manually schedule "ESET DEM - Gather Mac Plugin Data". Recommended interval is every one hour, so it works on a similar schedule to the gather process for Windows machines.
- Added: "Agent Status" column to Computers. This agent status column is meant to mirror the agent status available elsewhere in the ConnectWise Control Center
- Added: filters to Computers to filter by ESET License ID and Module Version
- Added: An agent .bat (or .sh) may now be exported from ESMC and attached to a deployment package for customers who want to use the DEM plugin and also have an ESET Management Console in their environment
- Added: A service on the remote agent now runs on 5-minute intervals that checks for new threats and will report them outside of the normal 1-hour gather process. Note: due to the way ConnectWise Automate integrates with Mac OS X, this is a Windows-only feature.
- Changed: Protection status now reports a status of "Protected" instead of a blank value for machines that don't have any protection issues. Note: A resend system info must be performed on these machines for this new status to appear
- Changed: Automatic deployment blacklist - This list may now be manually appended to add ConnectWise Groups, Locations and Clients
- Changed: Policies have been reworked to be separated from a package model to a per-product model. This interface should now be more intuitive. As part of this change, you will notice that configuration tasks will be sent to the endpoints during their gather cycle as the plugin rebuilds the policies under this new format.
- Changed: Policies sent to ESET controlled machines are now compressed which should hopefully limit the amount of data contained in the "commands" table
- Changed: Migration assistant now reflects these policy interface changes
- Changed: "EEE change password" no longer shows on the agent system tray menu if EEE is not currently installed
- Changed: When creating deployment package it is possible to choose from ‘latest version’ and ‘version 6’ versions to be deployed
- Fixed: Dropdowns in deployment package advanced settings now correctly show their current values
- Known issue: Not possible to use 30 day trial license for EEE FDE.