Let me, please inform you that we have released ESET Endpoint Antivirus/Security 6.9.
The main feature of this version is the long-awaited support for ESET Enterprise Inspector 1.4, which is now capable of detecting anomalies on a Mac endpoint.
Another focus of version 6.9 is solving issues reported by customers, which were supposed to be fixed initially within version 6.8, especially fixing pop-ups of firewall due to AirDrop communication, the high load of esets_proxy process, or blocked localhost communication.
With the release of 6.9, we've decided to drop the support of very old versions of macOS. Newly supported OSs are:
- 10.12 Sierra
- 10.13 High Sierra
- 10.14 Mojave
- 10.15 Catalina
Release date: 2 June 2020
Product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus/Security for Mac- 6.9.60
Type: Service release
Availability: Global excl. Japan
- New: ESET Enterprise Inspector support
- Improved: Performance of TimeMachine backups
- Fixed: Firewall pop-up screens were showing too often, which was caused by AirDrop communication
- Fixed: esets_proxy process often consumed 100% of resources
- Fixed: the firewall blocked localhost communication by default
- Changed: Setting "Allow software signed by Apple to access the network automatically" now properly allows built-in software to receive incoming connections. Please see KB for more information
- Removed: Support for macOS 10.11 and older
- Updated EULA
- Various minor updates and fixes that improve overall product performance, stability and security
Builds can be download from the official web or repository.