SMTP settings can be configured within ESET Remote Administrator to send threat or event notification emails from client workstations to a designated email address. The verbosity of these notifications can be adjusted based on the needs of the administrator. This feature is especially useful if you are an offsite network administrator and wish to be instantly notified of attempted infiltrations.
There are several levels of verbosity that range in detail. Below is a list of the different levels of verbosity available:
- Critical errors – Logs all critical errors, such as errors starting Antivirus protection and errors with the Personal firewall
- Errors – Logs all errors such as "Error downloading file." This setting includes critical errors
- Warnings – Records all critical errors, errors and warning messages
- Informative records – Logs all informative messages including successful updates, plus all records above
- Diagnostic records – Logs all information needed for fine-tuning and diagnostics plus all records above
Follow the steps below to change verbosity levels from the ESET Remote Administrator Configuration Editor.
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Configuration Editor by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Remote Administrator Console → ESET Configuration Editor.
- From the menu tree on the left, click ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus → ESET Kernel → Setup → Alerts and Notifications → Minimum verbosity for notifications.
- From the Value field, select the desired verbosity level from the drop-down menu (See Figure 1-1).
Click the image to view larger in new window
Follow the steps below to change the verbosity levels from a client installation of ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Smart Security.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window. In the Advanced setup tree, click Tools → Alerts and notifications.
- In the Alerts and Notifications menu on the right, select the desired verbosity level from the drop-down menu (See Figure 1-2).