I. Download ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server
- Check your operating system version and have your ESET-issued username and password ready; reference your confirmation email for this information. If you forgot your username or password, visit our Lost License page.
- Request the installer file from your local ESET partner. How can I contact my local ESET partner for support?
- Remove previously installed antivirus software. It is important that any previously installed antivirus software is uninstalled from your system before installing your ESET product.
II. Install ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server
If you are running Windows 2008 with User Account Control (UAC) turned on, you may be prompted with additional dialog boxes not shown in the steps below. If prompted, please confirm that you wish to install ESET Mail Security 4.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server, as well as any associated device drivers.
- To begin your installation, double-click the ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server installer icon that you downloaded from above. If you are prompted by Windows to open the file, click Open.
- The ESET Mail Security window will appear. Click Next to continue.
- Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click Next to continue.
- Select Typical and click Next to continue.
- Enter your ESET-issued Username and Password and click Next.
- Click Add to locate and upload your ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server license file (sent you after purchasing your ESET license). When you are finished, click Next to continue.
- Select the Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System option and click Next to continue.
- Select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next.
- Click Install to continue.
- The Installing ESET Mail Security window will display for a few minutes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.