The ESET Authentication server provides your network with an additional layer of protection by requiring remote users to authenticate through a server you configure before accessing the network. Follow the step-by-step instructions in this article to download, install and configure the ESET Authentication Server:
Select Save when the prompt appears and save the file to the Desktop. Once the download has completed, you may be prompted to click Run and begin the installation process. Click Run if you are prompted. If not, navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the authserver_enu.msi file and double-click it to open.
Installing ESET Authentication Server
To install the ESET Authentication Server, please follow the steps below. It should be noted that if you are running Windows Vista with User Account Control (UAC) turned on, you may be prompted with additional dialog boxes not shown in the steps below. If prompted, please confirm that you wish to install the ESET Authentication Server, as well as any associated device drivers.
- To begin your installation, double-click the ESET Authentication Server installer icon. If you are prompted by Windows to open the file, click Open.
- The ESET Authentication Server Setup window will appear. Click Next to continue.
- Click I accept the terms in the License Agreement to accept the ESET Authentication Server License agreement and then click Next to continue.
- The Select Installation Folder window will appear. Click Next to continue.
- In the next window, Ready to Install, click Install to continue.
- Once you click Install, you will see the Installing ESET Authentication Server screen (below) for a few minutes.
- When you see the Completing the ESET Authentication Server Setup Wizard window, click Finish to complete your installation.
To configure the ESET Authentication Server, please follow the steps below.
- Open the ESET Authentication Server by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET→ ESET Authentication Server.
- Enter in a name for your Zone and verify that the Port to listen on is set to 80. Then click Browse....
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Authentication Server. Type your zone name into the File namefield and click Open.
- Click Generate to create your ESET Authentication Server keys.
- Click Start to begin the ESET Authentication Server service and click OK to close the window.
- Open the Windows Firewall window by clicking Start → Control Panel → Windows Firewall→ Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click Allow another program... → Browse..., then navigate to C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Authentication Server\EHttpSrv.exe and click Open → Add.
- Make sure the check box next to ESET HTTP Server Service is selected and click OK.