Home user? Click here
ESET Mobile Security Business Edition: Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are there plans for iPhone (iOS), Windows Phone, Android, or Java BREW versions of ESET Mobile Security Business Edition?
ESET Mobile Security Business Edition
- is the next generation of mobile security from ESET that provides antivirus, antispyware, firewall, antispam and antitheft functionality. ESET Mobile Security Business Edition, available for Windows Mobile and Symbian operating systems, provides business customers a fast and easy way to manage mobile devices in their corporate networks, whether locally or via ESET Remote Administrator.
- Businesses share files between their mobile devices and workstations
- Businesses need the ability to protect mobile devices in the event that they are lost or stolen
- Businesses are subject to regulatory compliance requirements to protect all endpoints including mobile devices with antivirus solutions installed.
- Multiple platform support protection for Windows Mobile and Symbian smartphones
- Proactive heuristic threat detection provides real-time protection against known and emerging threats
- Antivirus ? Proactive detection of malware
- Anti-Theft ? SIM matching and remote wipe features which prevent unauthorized use of a compromised smartphone
- Firewall ? Monitors traffic to and from your device
- Security Audit ? Allows you to schedule a silent periodic task so you can be alerted to any unauthorized changes to the configuration of your smart phone
- Anti-Spam ? Filters unsolicited SMS and MMS messages using a customizable blacklist and whitelist
- Single console management capability through ESET Remote Administrator of all network endpoints regardless of operating system
- A mobile device running Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 and later.
- Processor: 200MHz
- Memory: 16MB
- Available free space: 2.5MB
- A mobile device running Symbian S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 or 2, Symbian S60 5th Edition or Symbian ^3
- Available free space: 2 MB
- Which languages are available?
The general release will be localized into all standard languages. In the North American region, French and Spanish versions will be available in addition to English. You will select your preferred language from the drop-down menu of available languages at the time of download.
- Which edition of ESET Mobile Security Business Edition should I download?
If you have a mobile device with a touch screen, download the Pocket PC edition. If you use your keypad to navigate your mobile device, download the Smartphone edition.
Each edition is available in two formats, depending on which installation method you desire:
- .cab file (.sis for Symbian) - for copying directly to your device and installing from it
- .exe file - for installing the program from your PC using ActiveSync (in Windows XP), Windows Mobile Device Center (in Windows Vista) or Nokia PC Suite.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to install ESET Mobile Security Business Edition, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: How do I download and install ESET Mobile Security Business Edition for Windows Mobile/Symbian?
- For step-by-step instructions on how to activate ESET Mobile Security, please see the following Knowledgebase article: How do I activate my ESET Mobile Security?
- from the main program window. By default, ESET Mobile Security Business Edition checks for updates weekly and downloads them if available. Automatic updates can be scheduled at one-day, three-day, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly intervals. Automatic updates can also be disabled. Additionally, all of these settings can be configured remotely via ESET Remote Administrator.
- Is there a cost for existing business users currently running ESET Mobile Antivirus Home Edition to upgrade to the ESET Mobile Security Business Edition?
No, business users currently running ESET Mobile Antivirus Home Edition can upgrade to ESET Mobile Security Business Edition for free. Existing ESET Mobile Antivirus usernames and passwords can be used with ESET Mobile Security Business Edition.
In order to upgrade to ESET Mobile Security Business Edition, you must first uninstall ESET Mobile Antivirus and then install ESET Mobile Security Business Edition. See the following ESET Knowledgebase article for instructions: How do I upgrade from ESET Mobile Antivirus to ESET Mobile Security?
- Do existing ESET Mobile Antivirus and ESET Mobile Security Home Edition users need a new username and password to download ESET Remote Administrator Server and Console?
Customers with 6 or more seats can upgrade to ESET Mobile Security Business Edition without changing their current username or password.
- How do I upgrade from ESET Mobile Antivirus to ESET Mobile Security Business Edition? If you have purchased a license for ESET Mobile Security Business Edition, you can download your security product in the Business Downloads section of the
- . On the Download page, click the
- button next to your desired product.
- North American users: If you have yet to purchase a license for ESET Mobile Security Business Edition, you can contact ESET Sales Support at +1 (866) 343-3738 or visit our
- Can ESET Mobile Security Business Edition be used with ESET Remote Administrator 4? Mobile devices running ESET Mobile Security Business Edition can be managed locally or remotely via ESET Remote Administrator. ESET Mobile Security Business Edition has a dedicated section in the ESET Remote Administrator 4 configuration editor for each supported platform (Windows Mobile ESET Mobile Security and Symbian ESET Mobile Security).
- to sign up to stay informed about upcoming beta releases.
- ESET Endpoint Security for Android is available for business users, visit the
- for more information