let me please inform you that we have released ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux 7.
New Endpoint Antivirus for Linux 7 is a spinoff from File Security for Linux 7. What is important is that this product is targeted primarily for managed environments. That means, currently, the product has no GUI, only notification layer for end-user in case of threat detection and cleaning using the default notification system of a particular distribution. We plan to add GUI later; however, it'll be an only informative one without the capability to fully manage the product. The product is fully manageable by command line with the same commands as File Security for Linux.
Release date: 25 February 2020
Product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux
Type: New Release
Availability: Global excl. Japan
On February 25, 2020, the product is available for installation on ESET web pages and ESMC and ECA repository.
- Completely new distributed architecture, similar to micro-services
- Native 64-bit architecture
- Higher performance – offloading unused modules, more effective code, improved multithreading
- Better Security – whenever possible, processes are running under non-privileged accounts
- More Stability – simpler components, auto-restart in case of a crash
- Completely new technology for On-access scanning utilizing ESET-in-house-developed lightweight kernel module
- Optimized for multi-core performance allowing even parallel on-demand scans
- Compatible with ESET Security Management Center v7.1 and ESET Cloud Administrator
- Latest native 64bit scanning engine
- No local GUI
- Desktop notifications in case of threat detections
- Automated software deployment support
- ESET Shared Local Cache support
- Delayed module updates support
- Set 2 different update servers
- New exclusions structure (same as Windows)
- Automatic scan when inserting removable media
- CLI commands same as on File Security for Linux
- Localization Support
- Many other both user-facing and under-the-hood improvements
Supported Linux distributions:
- Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS 64-bit
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 64-bit
- Existing NOD32 Antivirus for Linux licenses will continue to work, including Endpoint licenses from the different platforms thanks to unilicense model
- Documentation will be available on the following link: https://help.eset.com/eesu/7/en-US/
- The product is not upgradable from version 4. A completely new installation is required.
- If you've installed the Beta version (188.8.131.52), please uninstall it prior to installing this version. An upgrade from BETA is not supported as well.
Builds can be download from web pages or repository
Sha1 for verification:
- c150616662c6bfe119df5e585bb3eb56e588824a eea-184.108.40.206.x86_64.deb
- ab3aadc43a92d692b211a609671af4b5f0ca83fd eea-220.127.116.11.x86_64.rpm