The ESET Management Agent facilitates communication between client computers, other ESET PROTECT components, and the ESET PROTECT Server. The ESET Management Agent must be installed on all client computers where other ESET PROTECT components or ESET Endpoint products are installed.
The ESET Management Agent can be installed using Local Deployment or Remote Deployment. Read the descriptions below and then click the appropriate link to view step-by-step instructions:
- All-in-one installer (Windows only): Download the ESET Management Agent and your ESET security product in the same package.
- Agent Live Installer: Client computers receive a pre-configured Live Installer package from the ESET PROTECT Server in the form of a batch (
.bat) file. The admin or user runs the batch file to download and install ESET Management Agent. This is the suggested method for small to medium-sized networks.
- Download Agent from ESET website: Manually download the ESET Management Agent on your client computer and choose from a Server-assisted or Offline installation.
- Use GPO or SCCM for deployment: Distribute the ESET Management Agent for enterprise environments or environments with a high number of client computers.
- Using the Agent Deployment Task: Use the ESET PROTECT Web Console to locate unmanaged computers, execute a task, and silently install the ESET Management Agent on clients. This is the suggested method for enterprise applications.
- Deployment tool: It is a convenient way to distribute the ESET Management Agent together with an ESET product on client computers. It enables you to use custom created installers. ESET Remote Deployment Tool is dedicated to deploying the ESET Management Agent to client computers with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
If you are performing a new installation of ESET PROTECT, proceed to Step 5, deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers.