- New features in ESET PROTECT Cloud
ESET PROTECT Cloud was released on December 9, 2020.
What's new in ESET PROTECT Cloud
ESET PROTECT Cloud (formerly ESET Cloud Administrator) is a cloud-based management console (offered as a service) allowing centralized management of select ESET products. ESET PROTECT Cloud allows you to manage your company’s network security without the need to buy, install or maintain additional hardware.
Using the ESET PROTECT Cloud Web Console, you can deploy ESET products, manage tasks, enforce security policies, monitor system status, report on security incidents, and quickly respond to problems or threats on remote computers.
Below are some of the important new features in the currently released version of ESET PROTECT Cloud:
- ESET Full Disk Encryption for macOS (EFDE)—EFDE is a license-enabled full-disk encryption (FDE) module for macOS computers (excluding servers) that is integrated into the management console ESET PROTECT Cloud. EFDE for macOS allows one-click deployment and encryption initialization with all the remaining workflows fully manageable via a single pane of glass.
- CloudMDM—We are broadening our platform coverage by introducing the ability to manage Android mobile devices, to bring more value to our customers.
- Increased limit of managed computers—With the release of ESET PROTECT CLoud the limit of managed computers by the product is increased to 10,000 devices.
ESET PROTECT Cloud is able to deploy, activate, and manage the following ESET products using a License Key:
|ESET product||Product version|
|ESET Endpoint Security for Windows||6.5+|
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows||6.5+|
|ESET Endpoint Security for OS X||6.4+|
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for OS X||6.4+|
|ESET File Security for Linux||7.x+|
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux||7.x+|
|ESET File Security for Windows Server||6.5+|
|ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange||6.5+|
|ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint||6.5+|
|ESET Mail Security for IBM Domino Server||6.5+|
|ESET Full Disk Encryption|
|ESET Security for Android||2.x|
For the most up-to-date list of supported products, see the Online Help topic Supported Web browsers and ESET security products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about ESET Cloud Administrator:
- How to upgrade ESET PROTECT Cloud components to the latest version?
See the Online Help topic Upgrade Agent.
- Can I deploy Live Installer (ESET products) remotely?
The ESET Remote Deployment Tool allows you to execute a Live Installer created by ESET PROTECT Cloud to deploy the ESET Management Agent and ESET Security Product remotely. See Remote deployment for more information.
See the following for Known Issues in the current version of ESET PROTECT Cloud: Known Issues in ESET PROTECT Cloud
- ESET PROTECT Cloud Online Help contains comprehensive reference information for system settings, configurations, installation scenarios and more.