- Expand the disk of your ESET Protect Virtual Appliance in your hypervisor platform.
- It is advisable to create a snapshot before proceeding.
- Power on your ESET Protect Virtual Appliance
- Login via SSH or the VM Console ( and exit to terminal)
- Extend the partition by using the command
pto print your initial partition table.
d(delete) followed by
2to delete the existing partition definition (partition 1 is usually /boot and partition 2 is usually the root partition).
n(new) followed by
p(primary) followed by
2to re-create partition number 2 and
enterto accept the start block and
enteragain to accept the end block which is defaulted to the end of the disk.
8eto change the new partition type to "Linux LVM".
pto print your new partition table and make sure the start block matches what was in the initial partition table printed above.
wto write the partition table to disk. You will see an error about
Device or resource busywhich you can ignore.
- Reboot the ESET Protect Virtual Appliance.
- Resize the physical volume:
- Expand the logical volume:
lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/centos_ba-eraappl-v/root
- Expand the file system:
- You have now successfully expanded the harddisk of your ESET Protect Virtual Appliance: