System Requirements and Installation Prerequisites
Complete each prerequisite before proceeding to step 2. Refer to the ESET PROTECT Online Help guide for the appropriate terminal commands for each package described below.
- Have the License Key included in the new purchase email you received from ESET ready. I lost my License Key.
- Verify your server and workstation operating systems are ESET compatible.
- Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software.
On your intended ESET PROTECT Server machine:
- Verify that all required ports are open and available.
- JRE v8 or later.
- ODBC Driver (unixODBC_23 package).
- The supported database server (MySQL 5.6+) must be installed, accessible from your ESET PROTECT Server and running.
- The server installation file must be set as an executable using the following terminal command:
chmod +x Server-Linux-x86_64.sh
- The minimum supported version of openSSL (openssl-1.0.1e-30).
- Xvfb for proper report printing on Linux Server systems without a graphical interface.
- Cifs-utils for proper Agent deployment to a Windows OS.
- If Active Directory is used on the ESET PROTECT Server, a proper Kerberos configuration (/etc/krb5.conf).
- Kinit and klist are necessary for AD synchronization.
- Qt4 WebKit libraries (version 4.8), Ldapsearch, Wbinfo, Snmptrap, and an SELinux devel package.
- ESET PROTECT Server component supports only 64 bit machines. The ESET Management Agent component supports both 32 and 64 bit machines.
Install ESET PROTECT Server
Install ESET PROTECT Server for Linux. When the Server is installed, continue to Step 3 below.
Add Client Computers
Add client computers to the ESET PROTECT. Once you have successfully added all client computers, continue to Step 4 below.
Deploy the ESET Management Agent
Small-to-medium businesses: Follow our deployment instructions for client operating system(s) in your network:
Enterprise Deployment: Many large networks use GPO or SCCM, see our instructions to deploy ESET Management Agent to your network using one of these methods.
Once you have successfully deployed the ESET Management Agent to all endpoints, continue to Step 5 below.
Install ESET Solutions on Client Computers
Deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers. Once you have successfully installed ESET solutions on all client computers, continue to Step 6 below.
Post Installation Tasks
Congratulations! You are now ready to manage your network using ESET Security Management Center (ESMC). The following articles will assist you in the completion of post installation tasks:
- After installing ESET solutions on clients, you can create static or dynamic groups to organize your endpoints and begin enforcing policies.
- Create, assign or schedule a new server task. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Configure automated email or file reports..
- Create or manage your notifications
- Organize your licenses
- Manage client computers using client tasks. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Send a Modules update task to clients using ESET Security Management Center 7.x.