Please use the steps below only if you have been instructed to by the support team.
The following steps detail how to enable logging of Windows Installer (MSI) installations. This information may be required by the support team to diagnose specific installation issues.
- First, manually Enable Windows Installer logging by following this Microsoft article here: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/223300
- Once that is done, recreate the issue you have been seeing with the install.
- Remove the created keys and subkeys to Disable Windows Installer logging for the future.
- To obtain the logfile, press Windows Key + R to show the run dialog, enter %temp% into the Open entry and click the OK button, an Explorer view will show the contents of the temporary folder.
- If you sort the explorer view by date/time you should find a .log extension file with a filename starting with the letters MSI created at the time you ran the install.
- Please compress (zip) a copy of the logfile and attach it to your support ticket.