- ESET product installed using management tools (GPO / SCCM) cannot be upgraded locally
- Local product upgrade fails (or rollbacks) due to old MSI registry leftovers
Group Policy is a feature of the Microsoft Windows NT family of operating systems that controls the working environment of user accounts and their computers. A set of these configurations is a Group Policy Object (GPO).
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is a systems-management software product developed by Microsoft for managing large groups of computers running various operating systems and platforms.
There might be other management tools available based on the same principle.
ESET Remote Administrator users
- Deactivate (unlink) the deployment of your ESET product using your management tool console (for example GPMC when using GPO).
- Ensure the policy has been applied to all affected computers! Usually, policies are applied after a certain time or action (e.g. reboot, user logon).
- Run ESET product upgrade via ESET Remote Administrator.
- Due to possible MSI registry leftovers and future ESET products upgrades, apply the "InstFix -fix MRL" ESET Installation Fixer procedure to all affected computers.
Not using ESET Remote Administrator?
Use former way to upgrade your ESET product.
In case you are still not able to resolve your issue, reinstall your ESET product, or contact ESET for additional assistance.