- Exclude mutliple files in multiple locations from scanning by your ESET product.
- You intend to use a wildcard in the middle of a path (for example C:\Tools\*\Data\file.dat) in order to simplify complex exclusions.
When setting up file and folder exclusions (performance exclusions) , we recommend that you do not use wildcards in the middle of paths due to the following issues:
- Scanning performance decreases with the number of exclusions
- Exclusions might not work as expected (when the first applicable rule is matched by the scanner, the second applicable rule will not be evaluated)
- There is a security risk of excluding more files from scanning than intended
Before setting up a wildcard in the middle of a path in an exclusion rule, consider using different type of exclusions first:
Information on 3rd party websites about file/folder exclusions from scanning for 3rd party applications may not be accurate.
ESET Technical Support can assist you if your system infrastructure requires the exclusion of multiple paths from scanning.