Update 28-10-2021 : We would like to confirm the successful release of ESET PROTECT Cloud 3.0 into the production environment.
All eligible cloud instances are on the latest version.
Let me inform you, we are planning to deploy a new version of ESET PROTECT Cloud 3.0 into production during 21.10.2021 - 5.11.2021.
- The release process, as usual consists of several individual (internal) tasks/activities which will be executed during 21.10.2021 (starting 9:00 CET) - 5.11.2021
- Mind the fact, that due to thousands of ESET PROTECT Cloud instances, the upgrade will happen in phases (gradual roll-out to individual instances) from 21.10.2021 - 5.11.2021 to secure smooth operation of the whole cloud service.
- Individual customers will be impacted in a minimal way. From their point of view, updates will require minimal downtime. Individual customer's instance would be inaccessible up to 15 minutes. Upgrades will happen out of business hours.
- New customers will not be affected, as a newly generated instance would be on the latest version from the very first moment.
- The security of the network will be not affected.
- ADDED: Support for Automatic Product Updates (available from Windows Endpoint version 9.0)
- ADDED: Management for brute-force attack protection (available from Windows Endpoint version 9.0)
- ADDED: Easy trial, deploy and purchase of ESET Dynamic Threat Defense (EDTD)
- ADDED: Web control for Android devices
- ADDED: System updates management for Android
- ADDED: New column Logged users in Computers table
- ADDED: Windows OS build number is reported as a separate symbol (possibility to use it in Dynamic groups)
- ADDED: List of submitted files (EDTD) in Computer details, Detection and Quarantine section
- ADDED: New product categories in Product version status section on Status Overview
- ADDED: Full path to a computer in received notifications
- ADDED: Possibility disable the triggering of notifications for muted computers
- ADDED: Possibility to manage session protection (e.g., disable blocking requests from different IP addresses)
- CHANGED: Reducing and re-organizing columns in the Computers section
- IMPROVED: ESET Dynamic Threat Defense perception (added information of what was originally detected by EDTD)
- IMPROVED: Operating system update - allowing the user to postpone the required reboot
- IMPROVED: Operating system update task accessible not only from context menu over a group but also over a single device
- IMPROVED: Now is possible to visually distinguish locked policies in policies and computer details screens (padlock icon)
- IMPROVED: When users create new permission sets, some checkboxes can grey out based on their permission (users can not give higher permission that they have)
- IMPROVED: Automatically selected newly created permission set when creating a new user
- IMPROVED: Basic support of installer file caching in script-based Agent Live Installers
- IMPROVED: Date and Time displayed in format according to language
- IMPROVED: Faster displaying of the planned flag on client tasks also after assigning to the significant amount of targets
- IMPROVED: The enrollment URL link is visible below the QR code, and the user can copy it in the enrollment wizard
- IMPROVED: New version of LogCollector in Management Agent
- FIXED: Idle session timeout was not matching settings in ESET Business Account
- FIXED: Triggers - infinite loading in some cases when the user changes trigger type
- FIXED: Unwanted machines moved during computers import
- FIXED: Missing notification about scheduled restart (macOS - osascript)
- FIXED: License is randomly changed when the software install task is edited
- FIXED: Notifications - Message preview is not displaying properly
- FIXED: macOS Big Sur, specific protections statuses are missing in dynamic groups and report templates
- FIXED: Users without access to an EDTD license cannot see the data on the EDTD Dashboard
- FIXED: Multiple sorting does not sort correctly
- FIXED: Performance issue when deleting a large number of exclusions
- FIXED: EDTD Deployment on Dynamic Group ends with error
- FIXED: Various other bug fixes, security, and performance improvements