The Group Policy of a user or team of users can be updated remotely from the Enterprise Server.
Modifying the Group Policy
- Login to the Enterprise Server.
- Select the Users branch or user sub team of the navigation tree as appropriate.
- Select the Group Policy Tab of the main view.
- Select the policy setting you wish to modify in the Group Policy list.
- Click the Change Setting button.
- Click the Configured radio button.
- Modify the setting as required.
- Click the OK button.
- Repeat the changing of settings for any other policies you wish to update.
The above change will affect users whose activation codes are generated from this point on. If users have previously activated they will change colour to red and need updating as detailed below.
Please note modifications of group policy are inherited by teams below the team you are modifying.
Updating Existing Users
If you wish to update an existing activated user follow the steps below:
- Click the Users tab.
- Previously activated users that have been affected by the change will change icon colour to Red and their status will be listed as User requires an updated Key-File.
- Note: Users will also enter this state if you have made modifications to the encryption keys they are assigned, to update their status follow the steps below.
- Select the user(s) you wish to update that have red coloured icons in the Users list.
- Click the Post Key-File button.
- If you wish to allow the user to postpone the update set the checkbox Allow user to postpone.
- Click the Post button.
Related article: How do I modify workstation policy?