You are cloning a computer from another computer and you need to recognize the clone as a new computer.
This article demonstrates an example situation using VMWare and vSphere web client. You can use these same steps with other supported hypervisors.
Prerequisites: You already you have ESMC version 7.0 installed and running. You also have at least one client computer with ESET Management Agent installed and connected to your ESMC Server.
Clone the client computer in your virtual machine management tool (hypervisor).
- After cloning is complete, start the clone.
- Wait a few moments until the machine is started. When startup is complete, the Agent on the cloned computer will connect to ESMC Server. ESMC Server will recognize that this is the clone of an existing client computer already connected to ESMC.
- Click Status Overview → Questions.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Select the computer you have just cloned and click Resolve question.
- Select Create a new computer this time only to create a new computer identity in ESMC Web Console. Click Resolve.
Selecting the option Create a new computer this time only resolves only a one-time cloned computer and it does not prevent other future cloning questions.
- Wait a few minutes for the cloned machine to connect at least two times (two replication intervals). Click Computers to see the new identity assigned to the clone. The name of cloned computer will be the same by default, but it will have a unique IP address. The clone is now independent of the master computer.