If you have recently upgraded the DESlock+ client software from version 4.6.4 (or earlier) to version 4.7.4 (or later) you may encounter the following error when attempting to initiate Full Disk Encryption from an Enterprise Server:
Failed to start encryption with error: "The requested operation is not implemented (0xC00B0005)"
This can occur for two reasons. Firstly you may be using an older Enterprise Server. You must use Enterprise Server version 2.5.0 or later to support the new DElock+ client.
Secondly even if you have the latest Enterprise Server, it may not yet know the client has been updated and will sends a legacy format command. The new client will reject this legacy command.
To resolve the problem, you must perform the following steps:
- From within the Enterprise Server Workstation Card, selct the Tools menu and click the Update Workstation Details item
- A dialog will appear explaining a request for updated workstation details was posted, click the OK button.
- The workstation icon will be orange at this point.
- On the client machine click the Enterprise Sync button from the DESlock+ tray menu.
- Then in the Enterprise Server click the Proxy Sync button, the workstation icon should return to blue in colour.
This will cause the workstation to report the correct version information to the Enterprise Server so the Enterprise Server will no longer attempt to send the legacy command.