Error 1603 is a Windows error that can be displayed for a number of reasons. In many cases, this issue can be resolved by restarting your computer. Continue reading for additional steps to resolve this error, depending on what it is displayed.
Error 1603 when installing the ESET Management Agent
- If you are running ESET Live Installer from a shared location, copy the live installer file to the local disk and attempt installation again.
- When you run the ESET Management Agent Live installer, right-click it and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
Error 1603 during a push (remote) installation
- Verify that you have completed each step in the ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation Requirements and Checklist.
- Uninstall all other antivirus products prior to installing ESET and remove all files, folders and registry keys left by any previous antivirus products.
- Verify that the Base Filtering engine is present and running (Windows 7 and Vista only) on your target client workstation(s).
- Disable the Windows Firewall on the server and client workstation. After installation, you can re-enable the firewall. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article for instructions to disable the Windows Firewall.
- Verify that the system drive on the target client workstation(s) has enough free disk space for the installation.
- Remotely deploy ESET Management Agent.
- If after following the steps above you are unable to push install due to the same error code, create a preconfigured install file and try to install it locally.
Error 1603 during a push (remote) uninstallation