- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server 6
- What is ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP) 6?
ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (ESHP) 6 protects Microsoft SharePoint environments from malicious threats and unauthorized users.
- What's new in ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server 6?
For a detailed list of new and improved features in version 6, see What's new in ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server 6?
- Which versions of Microsoft SharePoint Server are supported by Microsoft SharePoint Server 6?
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016, 2013, 2010 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (x86) SP1, SP2 / 2003 R2 (x86) SP1, SP2 / 2008 (x64) SP2 / 2008 R2 (x64) SP1 / 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2012 Essentials / 2012 R2 Essentials / 2016
Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 (x86) / 2003 R2 (x86) / 2008 (x64) / 2011 (x64)
Microsoft SharePoint Server, 2016 (64-bit), 2013 (64-bit), 2010 (64-bit), 2007 (32-bit and 64 bit)
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 (64-bit)
SharePoint Services 3.0
Activation method: License Key
Remote management by: ESET Remote Administrator 6 (recommended)
- How do I download ESET Security for SharePoint?
ESET Security for SharePoint can be downloaded from the following Knowledgebase article:
How do I download, install and manage ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server? (6.x)
- How does licensing work with ESET Security for SharePoint?
ESHP is licensed two different ways depending on how you (the user) license and use Microsoft SharePoint Server. See the following Knowledgebase article for more information:
Licensing FAQ (Business Users)
- Can ESET Security for SharePoint Server be managed using ESET Remote Administrator?
Yes. ESHP can be managed by ESET Remote Administrator version 6.4 and later.
- Where is Microsoft SharePoint Server installed on a typical SharePoint farm?
If a company's SharePoint farm consists of more than one server, ESHP should be installed on all web servers that run the Microsoft IIS component.
- What is the On-access filter and how does this differ from Real-time file system protection?
Only items that are handled by the SharePoint VSAPI will be scanned by the On-access filter, whereas Real-time file system protection scans for malicious code at the moment any file is opened, created or run on your computer.
- Known Issues - ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server (6.x)
- Upgrade ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server to the latest version