System Requirements and Installation Prerequisites
Complete each prerequisite before proceeding to step 2.
- Have the License Key included in the new purchase email you received from ESET ready. I lost my License Key.
- Verify your server and workstation operating systems are ESET compatible.
- Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software.
- Identify your system architecture type (32-bit or 64-bit).
On your intended ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Server machine:
- Verify that all required ports are open and available.
- Install Java Runtime Environment (version 7 or later) and ensure Java is updating correctly.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Follow the installation process outlined in the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article: Enable .NET Framework 3.5 by using the Add Roles and Features Wizard
Determine if you have a database configured for use with ERA Server. Note Microsoft Access is not supported by ERA Server. Microsoft SQL Server Express is included with the installer. We also recommend Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL version 5.5 or later.
Install ESET Remote Administrator Server. When ERA Server is installed, continue to Step 3 below.
Add client computers to the ESET Remote Administrator. Once you have successfully added all client computers, continue to Step 4 below.
Small-to-medium businesses: Follow our deployment instructions for client operating system(s) in your network:
Enterprise Deployment: Many large networks use GPO or SCCM, see our instructions to deploy ERA Agent to your network using one of these methods.
Once you have successfully deployed the ERA Agent to all endpoints, continue to Step 5 below.
Deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers. Once you have successfully installed ESET solutions on all client computers, continue to Step 6 below.
Congratulations! You are now ready to manage your network using ESET Remote Administrator (ERA). The following articles will assist you in the completion of post installation tasks:
- After installing ESET solutions on clients, you can create static or dynamic groups to organize your endpoints and begin enforcing policies.
- Create, assign or schedule a new server task. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Configure automated email or file reports in ESET Remote Administrator Web Console (6.x).
- Create or manage your notifications.
- Organize your licenses.
- Manage client computers using client tasks. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Virus Signature Database Update.