For anyone interested in trying ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS 7 in early access, we have good news to share - we have just launched a sign up for it.
The new generation is built on new, modern micro-services like architecture which will enable us to develop new features faster and makes code maintenance much easier.
The first release comes with features, which are most important for our user base so only EEA product tier is available. Next features will be added gradually with new releases.
As of now, the product is supposed to be managed by ESET PROTECT (Cloud) / ESMC, as it does not have a full GUI yet to display all necessary info and to locally configure the features.
Stand-alone deployment is possible, but the configuration needs to be performed by importing manually adjusted configuration file.
The features which we would like to highlight are:
- Native 64bit
- Improved performance – more effective code, improved multithreading, offloading unused modules
- Improved security and stability - more simple components, auto-restart in case of a crash
- CLI commands same as on Linux platform
- ARM support via Rosetta 2 (ARM native version will be available later)
- CLI commands as on our products for Linux platform
- A lot of under-the hood and user facing improvements
To sign up for Early access program for trying ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS 7, check out the following forum post: https://forum.eset.com/topic/30097-eset-endpoint-antivirus-for-macos-7-with-completely-new-architecture-early-access-program-signup/