- Install ESET Management Agent on all client computers with ESET PROTECT components or ESET Endpoint products
- Facilitate communication between client computers and other ESET PROTECT components such as the ESET PROTECT Server
1. On the client workstation, go to the ESET PROTECT Standalone installers download page.
2. In the Configure download section, select the information below and then click Download.
- ESET PROTECT component: Select Agent
- Operating system and Bitness: Select the operating system of the client
3. Double-click the downloaded .msi file and click Next to continue to the Setup Wizard.
4. Select I accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next.
5. Click Next to agree to send crash reports and telemetry data to ESET. If you do not agree, deselect the check box next to Participate in product improvement program.
6. Specify the Server host (name or IP address) and Server port of your ESET PROTECT Server (the default Server port is 2222). If you are using a different port, replace the default port with your custom port number. If you use a proxy for Agent - Server connection, you can configure this connection after selecting the check box Use Proxy.
7. Select the type of installation you want to perform:
Your client computer must be able to communicate with ESET PROTECT Server over the network.
a. Select Server assisted installation and click Next.
b. Enter the Username and Password used to access your ESET PROTECT Web Console to allow the Agent to download updates and new certificates. To log in as a domain user, select the check box next to Log Into Domain. Click Next and then click Yes to accept the server certificate.
c. Select Do not create computer (computer will be created automatically during the first connection) or Choose custom static group. If you click Choose custom static group you will be able to select from a list of existing Static groups in ESET PROTECT. The computer will be added to the group you have selected. Click Choose custom static group and use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate static group for the client computer.
Your client computer is unable to communicate with the ESET PROTECT Server. Before performing an offline installation, verify you have the Agent certificate available on the targeted client computer.
a. Select Offline installation and click Next.
b. Open the ESET PROTECT Web Console in your web browser and log in. Click More → Peer Certificates. Select the certificate you want to use for this installation and click Export. Transfer the exported certificate to the client computer using removable media or another method of your choice.
c. Click More → Certification Authorities. Select the Certification Authority and click Export Public Key. Transfer the exported CA to the client computer.
d. In the Agent Setup Wizard, click Browse next to Peer certificate. Navigate to the certificate you want to use for this installation and click Open. In the same way, add the Certification Authority. Click Next.
8. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the installation. To verify the Agent is working properly, check the status log located at: C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html.
If you are performing a new installation of ESET PROTECT, proceed to deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers.