During a remote (push) installation using ESET Remote Administrator (ERA), you may encounter the following error: "Could not retrieve required information from target computer (RES error code 14, GLE error code 997)".
This problem can occur when installing an ESET client solution from ERA Server on Windows Server 2003 onto a client running the Windows 2000 operating system.
To solve the problem, start ERA Server from the Administrator account on the server by following the steps below:
- Click Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services.
- Right-click ESET Remote Administrator Server and click Properties from the context menu.
- The ESET Remote Administrator Server Properties window will appear. From the Log On tab, select This account and type Administrator.
- Click OK to close the window, right-click ESET Remote Administrator Server and click Restart from the context menu.
- Attempt the remote (push) installation again.