If you previously had a situation where your Enterprise Server was being controlled as part of a managed service and you have either taken on the managing of your own Enterprise Server or have transferred it to another Managed Service Provider, you can transfer the FDE'd machines to the new Enterprise Server by carrying out the following steps;
Step 1. Check FDE Credentials
Ensure you have the correct Admin login details for the Workstation's Full Disk Encryption (FDE) preboot authentication login screen. We recommend testing these details on the Workstation by logging into the FDE preboot authentication screen with the Admin credentials and booting to Windows successfully.
Step 2. Apply the new Workstation Settings File
From the Enterprise Server, click on ‘Workstation’ in the left hand pane and in the right hand window click on the ‘Workstation Policy’ tab and click the ‘Download Settings File’ button. Save the .reg file to a memory stick or network location which the client machine will be able to access. Copy the .reg file to the client machine and click it to run it. When asked ‘If you want to make changes to the registry’ click ‘Yes’, then reboot the workstation.
Step 3. Reset Activation
Follow this article to reset the activation:
KB383 - How to reset the activation process of a managed client
Step 4. Adopt the Workstation
To 'adopt' the Workstation follow these steps:
- In the Enterprise Server navigate to the User, select Details and click Workstations.
See: KB332 - How do I view Workstation Details?
- Select the workstation and then click Goto.
- When the Workstation Details are displayed, click the Adopt button.
- Input the old admin details, new admin details, password attempt settings then click the Adopt button. If required the existing admin password can be reused.
- First synchronize the Client PC and then synchronize the Enterprise Server
See: How do I manually synchronise the Enterprise Server and DESlock+ client?
- Once the Enterprise Server has synchronized you should see an alert in the lower right corner which reads 'Adopt FDE command processed successfully'.
- The client machine will now be controlled by the Enterprise Server.