When installing and or upgrading Security products, it is required to restart the system to apply all security feaures. If Windows clients have Fast start-up enabled, a shutdown is not sufficient to apply these changes and enable all the security features.
To enable the new or upgraded security feaures a real restart is required or a shutdown with fast start-up disabled.
Administrator applies an upgrade of Endpoint Security to a client. When the installation/upgrade is completed the protection status of the Security product will display a warning that a restart is required. If the end-user clicks the restart link in gui of the security product the system will restart and apply the changes.
If the end-user ignores the warning and does a normal shutdown ( with fast startup enabled) end of day, the restart required warning stays in place, because the system did shutdown fully due to the fast-startup setting.
Steps to disable Fast Start-up
The following process applies to Windows 8.0, 8.1 and 10.
Access the Windows Power Options by:...
- Either opening the Control Panel and selecting Power Options
- or press Win + X, then clicking Power Options
- On the left hand side, click Choose what the power button does
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Towards the bottom of the page, uncheck the Turn on fast start-up (recommended) option
- Click Save Changes
Add a comment
Please log in or register to submit a comment.