Please Note: The steps described in this article relate the managed version of DESlock+, using the DESlock+ Enterprise Server version 2.5.7 or later. It is not possible to replace a licence or migrate users with an earlier version, resync is supported in all versions.
This article covers how to :
If you have purchase an upgrade to an existing licence, your supplier will update your licence details and instruct you to resync your licence. This covers most normal scenarios, updating expiry dates, converting from a trial, adding more users to a licence or upgrading to obtain more features (e.g. Standard to Pro).
For more details on performing a resync please see : http://support.deslock.com/KB76
If you have purchased an upgrade or renewal and have received a licence email with new details, then you can replace an existing licence with the new details.
This process moves all the users from an existing licence to a new licence, updating the users with new expiry dates and allowing the use of new features (if applicable). This can also apply to moving from a trial licence to a purchased licence. If the replacement licence is a downgrade, then users on the licence will lose functionality.
The following table describes the licence types that are compatible:
Only licences of the same type can be replaced, i.e. you cannot replace a windows licence with a mobile licence.
* A pro licence can only be replaced with a different licence providing none of the users are activated on a system which is Full Disk Encrypted and they do not have an FDE Login.
To replace a licence, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Licences panel.
- Choose the licence you want to replace and click Tools, then Replace Licence.
- The replace licence wizard shows a summary for the selected licence. This is the licence that will be replaced.
- Enter the new details for the replacement licence.
- The wizard verifies the new licence to ensure it is compatible with the licence being replaced.
- The licence is then replaced and the users are moved to the new licence. A new key-file will be posted for the users, ensuring their licence is updated next time DESlock+ is synchronised. For details of how to synchronise the DESlock+ client see: http://support.deslock.com/KB195
- The original licence can now be removed if it is no longer needed.
Migrate a selection of users to a different licence
If you wish to upgrade or downgrade a single user or a selection of users, then you will need to migrate the user(s) to an appropriate licence. The same compatibility rules apply as replacing a licence, please see the compatibility table in the 'Replacing a Licence' section above.
To migrate users to a different licence, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Licences panel, select the licence you want to migrate the users from and click Details.
- Select the users and click Migrate Users.
- The migrate users wizard is displayed, you can choose to move the selected users or all the users.
- Select the licence you wish to migrate the users to. Only compatible licences will be displayed.
- The users will be migrated to the selected licence. A new key-file will be posted for the migrated users, ensuring their licence is updated next time DESlock+ is synchronised. For details of how to synchronise the DESlock+ client see: http://support.deslock.com/KB195
Keywords: licence, license
Add a comment
Please log in or register to submit a comment.