- You receive the message "Your security product is out of date"
- (Optional) Back up your ESET File Security configuration
- Upgrade ESET File Security 6.x to ESET File Security 9.x
ESET PROTECT users: You can use the software install task to upgrade to ESET Server Security remotely. See our Online Help topic for more information.
ESET Security Management Center and ESET Remote Administrator users: You need to upgrade your remote management system to ESET PROTECT before upgrading ESET File Security to ESET Server Security..
I. (Optional) Back up your ESET File Security configuration
2. Click Setup → Import/Export settings.
3. Select Export settings.
4. Click the three dots icon and type a name and select the destination folder for the backup file.
5. Click OK.
II. Upgrade ESET File Security 6.x to ESET File Security 9.x
1. Download the ESET Server Security installer. Double-click the file you downloaded to launch the installer.
2. Click Next.
3. Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
4. Select the installation type (in this example, Complete) and click Next.
5. Click Install.
6. Wait for the installation to complete and click Finish.
7. ESET Server Security will launch. Click Restart device and wait for your server to restart. After the restart, ESET Server Security will automatically activate and load your previous settings.