In order to obtain a UEFI Diagnostic Log, you need a blank USB memory stick formatted as FAT32. Ensure you backup any data stored on the device before formatting, as a 'format' will erase all data on the device.
Step 1 - Preparing the USB device
- Download the follow zip file from here: http://download.deslock.com/download/utility/efi_diag.zip
- Extract the zip file onto the memory stick maintaining the folder structure within, so that the folder 'efi' is in the root of the memory stick. e.g. E:\efi\boot
- Safely remove the USB memory stick.
Note: A common mistake is to unzip into a folder with the zip filename e.g. efi_diag\efi\boot so please be careful with the directory. The efi folder must be on the root, so for example if you open the memory stick in explorer efi should be the folder name shown.
Step 2 - Booting from the USB and obtaining the Log
On the system requiring investigation, perform the following:
- Turn off Secure Boot in the BIOS.
- Connect the USB to the machine.
- Boot the machine from the USB stick.
- Wait for the diagnostic process to complete.
This process will automatically generate a log on the USB stick in the efi\boot folder. The filename will start dlpdiag_uefi. e.g. dlpdiag_uefi_115243_30112017.txt
Please send a copy of this log file to us.
Note: Once this has been done, don't forget to turn Secure Boot back on.
Keywords: UEFI ESP diagnostic efi diagnostics