- Protection is not working after installing your ESET product for macOS
By default, Mac computers with an ARM processor have a security policy set to High. This requires the manufacturer's signature of system extensions to be verified online by Apple's servers. If your Mac is offline during the installation, it will not verify. Your ESET product for Mac will not request the approval of system extensions, and the protection will not work. ESET product for macOS will not display any warning that the system extensions are missing, but Web access protection and Real-time protection will not be active.
ESET protection issues happen when the following conditions are met:
- You have a Mac with an ARM processor, or you have the security policy on your Mac set to High
- The installation was performed without an internet connection
- Your ESET product did not request system extension approval after the installation
If you have already installed the ESET product for macOS, reinstall your ESET product.
1. Uninstall your ESET product for macOS.
2. Reinstall your ESET product for macO.
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 7
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus or Security version 6
- ESET Cyber Security or Cyber Security Pro