- How to use ESET Log Collector
- See more information about ESET Log Collector
- Download the ESET Log Collector.
- After the tool has finished downloading, double-click it to run the tool.
- Click I Accept to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Select All in the Collection Profile drop-down menu unless ESET Technical Support instructs you to select a different option. Read more about the Collection Profile options in Online Help.
- From the ESET logs collection drop-down menu, select Original binary from disk.
- Click Browse next to Save archive as, specify the location where you want to save archive files and then click Save (the archive filename is already pre-defined).
- Click Collect. The collection might take some time to complete. The Operation Log window will display what operation is currently in progress.
- When the collection is finished, the "Files have been collected and archived" message will be displayed. This means that the collection was successful, and the archive file (for example,
ees_logs.zip) is saved in the location specified in step 6.
If you already have a case open with ESET Technical Support, you can submit the log files as an email attachment when you respond to ESET. If you do not have a case open, contact ESET Technical Support. If the output from the log collector is too large to e-mail, follow this guide for uploading large files.